Advocacy makes a difference. Our federal, state and city budgets are tight. Many worthy causes compete for public dollars. Our job as arts advocates is to communicate with our elected officials about how the arts provide a public benefit and are an important investment into the state's economy.
What is Advocacy?
Advocacy is providing active support and education in favor of a cause, issue or organization. Lobbying is a specialized kind of advocacy that refers to the attempt to influence specific legislation through communication with a legislator or a legislative staff member.
Indiana Arts Commission
- IAC 2015-2016 Biennial Report
- IAC 2013-2014 Biennial Report
- 2015-2016 Partnering Arts, Communities & Education (PACE) Project Report
- 2014 A Study of the Impact of Arts Ed on Educational Performances
- 2016 Indiana Creative Economy Report
National Endowment for the Arts
- NEA 2015 Annual Report
- NEA 2014 Annual Report
- 2016 Creativity Connects: Trends and Conditions Affecting U.S. Artists
- 2016 Summit on Creativity and Aging Report
Americans for the Arts