All court order title applications are processed by BMV Central Office Title Processing to improve the security and efficiency of these transactions. Prior to submitting each application, please verify that all required information is included. Contact (888) 692-6841 with any questions.
When submitting paperwork, include the following:
- Application for Certificate of Title – State Form 44049
- Court Order – must establish ownership, provide a description of the vehicle (year, make, VIN), direct the BMV to issue title to the owner, and contain the signature of the judge and court seal or stamp. The order must be error free. Erasures or altered orders will not be accepted.
- Physical Inspection of a Vehicle or Watercraft – State Form 39530 completed by law enforcement. If the VIN/HIN on the inspection does not match the VIN/HIN on the court order, a corrected court order will be required before the transaction can be processed.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement – State Form 43230 completed by the court appointed owner. (All trailers and motor vehicles over 16,000 lb. are exempt.)
- Proof of Indiana Residency. Examples include an Indiana driver’s license or identification card or a utility bill dated within the last sixty (60) days. Download a list of all acceptable documents.
- Sales tax payment required if vehicle is also transferring ownership. Sales tax is 7% of the dollar amount listed on the order, or attach a bill of sale or purchase agreement. If no information is available to determine the purchase price and a bill of sale is not attached, sales tax payment will be based on the NADA fair market value of the vehicle.
- Download complete court order application packet
Mail the completed packet to:
Central Office Title Processing
100 North Senate Avenue, Room N411
Indianapolis, IN 46204