Promoting Your Farm to School Program: March 17, 2016, 2 P.M. Eastern Time
You have put in so much hard work! Now, how do you promote your farm to school program to ensure student, school and community engagement? Hear about programs that have successfully promoted farm to school programs while managing a tight budget.
School Gardening: March 31, 2016, 2 P.M. Eastern Time
Hear about the different ways to incorporate your farm to school program as well as how schools are successfully procuring school garden produce for their meal programs. Registration: https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/registrations/new?cid=q4mdwam7hrx5
Looking for great resources to help launch a successful farm to school program in 2016? The USDA Farm to School team has you covered with a new Planning Farm to School Success webinar series. The series will guide viewers through the USDA Farm to School Planning Tool with eleven, 30-minute webinars. Note the link to register for the webinars has been updated. Register and learn more here.
LATEST NEWS ON THE FLU, MEASLES, WHOOPING COUGH AND SHIGELLA
To help child care providers create and maintain safe and healthy environments for children, the Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Education offers many tools and resources, including free child care health consultation and training services in addition to the items listed below.
Resources for all child care providers
Resources for Licensed Child Care Homes
Resources for Licensed Child Care Centers
Resources for Unlicensed Registered Child Care Ministries
(including Registered Ministries accepting CCDF payments)
Resources for Unlicensed CCDF Certified Child Care Homes
Resources for Unlicensed CCDF Certified Child Care Facilities
National Health and Safety Resources
- The National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Early Education (NRC) provides free resources and publications for families and child care providers, including Caring for Our Children: National Health and Safety Performance Standards; Guidelines for Early Care and Education Programs, 3rd Edition (CFOC3). A joint publication of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Public Health Association, and the NRC, CFOC3 is an essential resource for health and safety best practices.
- Healthy Child Care America is a program of the American Academy of Pediatrics. The program provides information and resources for early education and child care professionals, including free professional development resources such as online modules, webinars, speaker's kits, quick reference guides, and more.
- OnSafety is the official blog of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Read OnSafety to stay current with the latest safety information and important messages (including product recalls) that will keep you, your family, and the children in your care safe.
- Healthy Child Care is a web-based resource directory from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The website provides information and resources on asthma, chemical hazards, environmental tobacco smoke, green cleaning, indoor air quality, lead, mercury, mold, pesticides, plastics, and other environmental health information topics for child care.
- Autism Awareness and Acceptance in Early Childhood Education is a web page from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Early Childhood Development. It includes information and resources related to Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and the role that early care and education professionals play in diagnosis and intervention.