DDRS Commissions & Councils
All PDFs on this page are 508 compliant.
- Board of Interpreter Services (BIS)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services
- DDRS Advisory Council
- Indiana Interagency Autism Coordinating Council (IIACC)
- Indiana Statewide Independent Living Council
- Interagency Coordinating Council
- Board of Interpreter Standards
- 460 IAC Rule 2: Interpreter Standards for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- 460 IAC Rule 3: Interpreter Standards for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
All meetings are held from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. on the following dates: TBD
The Commission on Rehabilitation Services is the federally mandated state rehabilitation council, as described in Section 105 of the Rehabilitation Act. The Commission is comprised of a group of citizens appointed by the Governor representing the disability community.
The Commission works with the Bureau of Rehabilitation Services’ Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VR) program, on matters such as the effectiveness and customer satisfaction with the services provided to Indiana’s citizens with disabilities participating in the VR program. The Commission is also involved in matters affecting VR program policies/procedures, goals and priorities, and the State Plan.
- Commission By-laws
- Commission members
- Commission of Rehabilitation Services applications
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services annual report for FFY 2016
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services annual report for FFY 2015
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services online brochure
- History and regulations
- State of Indiana/Indiana State Police release form
All meetings held at Easter Seals Crossroads, 4740 Kingsway Dr., Indianapolis, IN and start at 10 a.m., unless otherwise noted.
- January 13, 2017 - Meeting Room 2
- March 10, 2017
- April 13, 2017 - IN Government Center South Conference Center, Room C, 402 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN
- May 12, 2017
- July 14, 2017 - Canceled
- August (TBD)
- September 8, 2017
- November 17, 2017
|Indiana Commission on Rehabilitation Services
c/o Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS)
402 W. Washington St., MS - 20
P.O. Box 7083
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7083
TTY: (317) 232-1427
Video phone IP: 18.104.22.168
By fax: (317) 232-6478
The DDRS Advisory Council was established by IC 12-9-4 to assist the Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services in ensuring individuals with disabilities are as independent and self-sufficient as possible. Please note that the following PDF files are Screen Reader Ready (508-compliant).
- Council by-laws
- Meetings: December 16, 2015 agenda, January 20, 2016 agenda , February 17, 2016 agenda
- Minutes: September 2015
The IIACC’s primary mission is to “facilitate the efficient and effective exchange of information on autism-related activities among the member agencies, and to leverage resources and experiences to address common issues and outcomes, and to fill identified gaps. The committee will serve as a forum and assist in increasing public understanding of the member agencies’ activities, programs, policies and research, and in bringing important matters of interest forward for discussion.” In the current work, the IIACC serves as one essential forum and mechanism for information sharing as well as data driven decision making through review, discussion and problem solving informed by the data collected through a comprehensive and systematic process directed and overseen by the teams at HANDS in Autism ®.
- Letter of Support (12/09/2016)
- Indiana Autism Support gap analysis
- Letter of Support
- Indiana Autism Support Services gap analysis – brief report
- Indiana Comprehensive State Plan
Meeting Dates: June 16, 2016 – Conference room A
All meetings are held at IGCS 402 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Questions regarding the Comprehensive State Plan for Individuals with ASD, the IIACC, ongoing needs assessment or gap analysis may be directed to the HANDS in Autism Interdisciplinary Training and Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indiana Statewide Independent Living Council (INSILC)
- INSILC website
- Current council members
- Application procedure including initial application
- Consideration for reappointment to ICOIL
- Formal application
- Membership procedures
- Indiana State Police background check forms
- 2017 Meeting Dates
- All meetings are at 1 p.m. in Conference Room C at the Indiana Government Center, unless noted otherwise.
- Live stream instructions
- Agendas and Minutes 2016:
- January - Agenda , Minutes
- February - Agenda , Minutes
- March - Agenda, Minutes
- April - Agenda , Minutes
- May - Agenda- Canceled
- June - Agenda, Minutes
- July - Agenda ,Minutes
- August - Agenda , Minutes
- September - Agenda
- October - Agenda , Minutes
- November - Agenda - Canceled
- December - Agenda - Canceled
- Agendas 2017:
Indiana's Interagency Coordinating Council on Infants and Toddlers (ICC), which was first convened in 1987, is appointed by the Governor to advise and assist the Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services (DDRS) (the Lead Agency) in its responsibilities. Indiana Administrative Code then transferred these responsibilities to the Bureau of Child Development Services (BCDS) within DDRS. At least one-fifth of the ICC members are parents of children 12 years old or younger with disabilities or developmental delays. Other members include state agency groups, public and private early intervention service providers, legislators, pre-service professionals, and others. The ICC is committed to holding the vision of First Steps Early Intervention Services in Indiana and to keeping abreast of issues, concerns and trends that may affect First Steps in the future.
If you know a parent of a child (12 years old or younger) with disabilities or developmental delays that would be interested in serving on the ICC, please forward on the following information and encourage them to apply here.
All meetings are held at ProKids: 6923 Hillsdale Court, Indianapolis, IN 46250 and the public is encouraged to attend. Please contact Sue Dixon at email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the meeting date if special accommodations or interpretative services are required.
2016 Meeting Dates:
- January 12, 2017
- May, 11, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- November 9, 2017
- April 13 - ICC Provider Availability at ProKids, 6923 Hillsdale Ct, Indianapolis, IN at 10 a.m.
- April 17 - ICC Service Delivery and Training at ProKids, 6923 Hillsdale Ct, Indianapolis, IN at 10 a.m
- April 27 - ICC Policy and Procedure at ProKids, 6923 Hillsdale Ct, Indianapolis, IN at 12 p.m.