The NetDMR databases are available as of 10/17/2013.
What are the benefits of NetDMR?
- Reduces paperwork burden
- Assists with DMR data quality by automatically checking for certain violations prior to submission
- Improves timeliness and accessibility of DMR data
- Provides instant confirmation of submission
- Allows for fast revisions of DMR data that can be submitted electronically
- Allows the attachment of approved supporting documents (see the IDEM NetDMR FAQs for approved document list)
Who should report through the NetDMR system?
Any NPDES permittee (facility) in the state of Indiana that is required to submit DMRs in compliance with a currently IDEM issued NPDES or Industrial Wastewater Pretreatment (IWP) permit is eligible to file their DMRs electronically.
Before Using NetDMR
Step 1: Check the System Requirements
NetDMR is a web based system and requires Internet and a web browser for a facility to gain access. NetDMR requires the following:
- Internet Access Requirements: High-speed access to the Internet, such as DSL, cable-modem, T1, or partial T1
- Hardware Requirements: Minimum Pentium III processor and 128 megabytes of RAM
- Screen Resolution Requirements: 1024 x 768
Step 2: Take the NetDMR Training
Before using NetDMR (test version or live/production version), the permittee should do one of the following:
- attend the free internet-based live 2-day seminar provided by the U.S. EPA,
- attend the free classroom demonstration of NetDMR provided by IDEM,
- review/use the IDEM NetDMR Training Materials below (EPA materials are supplemental), or
- contact IDEM for NetDMR training assistance (netDMR@idem.in.gov)
U.S. EPA NetDMR Class Registration:
- The next 2-day class: Not yet scheduled.
IDEM NetDMR Class Registration:
The classes provide a classroom demo of the NetDMR registration, data entry, and importing data. Classes are limited to 50 people per class. To register, email "rmcdanie at IDEM.IN.gov"
U.S. EPA NetDMR Training Materials:
The U.S. EPA online NetDMR Training modules can be applied to both the test and live/production NetDMR systems. These training modules (visual with audio) are listed as follows:
- Tab 1: NetDMR for Permittees
- NetDMR Introduction, Create an Account, and Request Access
- Managing Access (as Permit Administrator)
- Tab 2: NetDMR for Regulatory Authorities (for IDEM and EPA)
IDEM NetDMR Training Materials:
- NetDMR Registration Walk-Through [PPT] [PDF]
- NetDMR Data Entry Walk-Through [PPT] [PDF]
- NetDMR Miscellaneous (Revise, Import, Print) Walk-Through [PPT] [PDF]
Step 3: Begin with the NetDMR Test Website
- It is recommended that permittees start by using the NetDMR Test Website to become familiar with registration, data entry, and submittal processes and practice submitting at least one DMR electronically before moving on to the Live Website.
- Log In to NetDMR Test Website and notify (by email) "netdmr at idem.in.gov" when a test NetDMR and attached MMR/MRO have been successfully submitted.
Step 4: Register for the NetDMR Live Website
Note: website address is listed on the first page of the IDEM NetDMR Registration Walk-Through [PPT] [PDF]. Use the same instructions for the NetDMR test website to register at the Live NetDMR Website. You will need to follow the same steps to recreate your username, password and account information in order to register for the NetDMR Live Website, with one addition. Near the end of the registration process, you will follow the steps below:
- Complete and submit an Indiana Subscriber Agreement. The Indiana Subscriber Agreement is specific to the State of Indiana regulations and cannot be substituted with U.S. EPA Subscriber Agreements.
- The Subscriber Agreement must be printed, signed, and mailed to IDEM:
Upon approval, each NetDMR electronic signature thereafter will refer to the Subscriber Agreement signature(s), until a change in signatory authority is warranted.
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management
- ATTN: Tammie McNeil
- 100 N Senate Ave. Mail Code 65-42
- Indianapolis, IN 46204
- You will receive account authorization via email from the NetDMR system.
Notify IDEM if you have any questions about NetDMR for Indiana.