Summary of the Rule
Complete ethics training every two years.
The Rule: 42 IAC 1-4-1 Training Requirements
- All state officers, employees, and special state appointees, shall be properly trained in the code of ethics as described in this article. All persons who have a business relationship with a state agency are obligated to abide by the code of ethics.
- Each agency's appointing authority shall do the following:
- Require all new employees and special state appointees to participate in ethics training within six (6) weeks of the employee's starting employment and the special state appointee's appointment date with the agency.
- Require all employees and special state appointees to participate in ethics training at least every two (2) years during an employee's and special state appointee's tenure with the agency.
- Maintain documentation to demonstrate an employee's and special state appointee's compliance with subdivisions (1) and (2).