Data Analysis and Risk Factors Home
The Data Analysis Team (DAT) is currently composed of four team members and two principal activities: annual reports and data sources.
We prepare six annual reports on the health status and demographics of Indiana residents. These reports are used by legislators and health professionals to make critical decisions affecting the health and well-being of the citizens of Indiana. They provide information on births, deaths, marriages, maternal and child health, and other public health matters.
- The Indiana Natality Report
- The Indiana Mortality Report
- The Indiana Marriage Report
- The Indiana Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Outcomes Report
- The Indiana Induced Termination of Pregnancy Report
- Inpatient, Hospital Discharge Data
- Fast Stats: On an Average Day in Indiana, 2015
These tools incorporate a sub-section of data provided in the annual mortality and natality reports. All dashboards include data for five years (2011-2015). The most current year for final data is 2015.
- Number of Live Births and Age-Specific Birth Rates
- General Fertility Rates, 5 Year Trend
- Birth Outcomes
- Deaths from 39 Selected Causes
- Infant Mortality
- Deaths from Selected Injury and Poisoning Causes NEW
We also prepare annual BRFSS reports, newsletters, and fact sheets on health risks, prevention efforts, and chronic disease in Indiana. This information is used by various program areas throughout the Agency to measure the health status of Hoosiers and assess our progress toward better health behaviors. The data also allow comparisons with other states and national standards.
Page last updated: May 17, 2017.
Page last reviewed: May 17, 2017.