Minimize the effect of communicable disease in the state of Indiana.
- Conduct surveillance, investigations, research, communicate findings, and provide education through electronic and other means necessary to reach our stakeholders.
- Conduct surveillance for reportable diseases, emerging and re-emerging infections and respond to outbreaks and requests for information.
- Ensure that appropriate and thorough investigations are being conducted while working with public health partners.
- Support electronic reporting and surveillance (including INEDSS, PHESS, CHIRP, SWIMSS) development and foster use and training among all public health partners.
- Communicate and educate to support and improve surveillance and investigation activities in Indiana and timely report out the surveillance and investigation data and findings
- Conduct research staying current with the science of infectious disease.
Who we are
Page last updated: June 30, 2016
Page last reviewed: June 30, 2016