Services we provide
- Research assistance related to the history, politics, economics, education, public policy, environment, and current events of the United States
-Research assistance with federal documents
-Research assistance from the literacy collection
- Answers to queries requiring resources unique to the Indiana State Library's Reference and Government Service Division
-Management of the Indiana State Library's Interlibrary loan program
- Response within 10 business days for most research questions.
Services we cannot provide
- Extensive research, due to time and staff constraints.
We suggest that you
- Consult your local library first to see what resources they may have.
Ask a Librarian:
- If you have a reference question, proceed to the ONLINE FORM to obtain answers via email.
Chat with a librarian. available 8:a.m. - 4:p.m. M-F
- Phone or fax for answers to your questions: Telephone: (317) 232-3678
Indiana toll free: 1-866-683-0008
Fax: (317) 232-3728
Also, try consulting these online resources:
- Indiana State Library Online Catalog to search for books or journals at the Indiana State Library. However, the collections of the Indiana State Data Center are NOT included in the online catalog.
- Reference and Government Services Division - an overview for researchers.
- FDsys, the primary source for federal publications
- Thomas, first source for federal legislative information.
- Send us written correspondence:
Reference and Government Services Division
Indiana State Library
140 N. Senate Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46204